The SMERU Research Institute is presently seeking suitable qualified candidates for the following position:
Terms of Employment: Permanent full-time staff
Work Location: Jakarta
Reports to: General Administration and Housekeeping Section Head
As the receptionist will give visitors the first impression of SMERU and the organization’s image, the candidate should possess positive and warm interpersonal skills.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Answering, transferring, and making phone calls during office hours to ensure that information get passed on promptly and accurately
- Numbering, distributing, and filing of incoming and outgoing letters/documents
- Sending, receiving, and distributing incoming and outgoing fax
- Sending out event invitations by email or fax
- Maintaining SMERU’s general email (email@example.com) by checking the account regularly, answering questions or forwarding emails to relevant personnel in SMERU for further assistance
- Acting as information desk (for visiting guests and through phone calls or emails)
- Conducting other relevant tasks as assigned to ensure the smooth operation of SMERU’s office.
- Age 22–27 years old
- D3 degree in administration with a minimum of 2 years working experience, preferably in a research institutional setting, as a receptionist or front office attendance
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of verbal and written English
- Capacity to operate basic computer software
Please send your application with a detailed resume, cover letter, and the names and contact details of three people who will provide references.
Applications should be sent by email and have the intended position title in the subject of the email with the supporting documents merged in one PDF document as an attachment of no more than 2 MB. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application closes on 31 March 2018.
The SMERU Research Institute applies equal opportunities in its recruitment process. We offer attractive remuneration and excellent working conditions.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Outside the process outlined above, no communication by any means regarding this recruitment will be received.