Work With Us
SMERU employs permanent and temporary staff members, as well as consultants. We also host research fellows and interns from across the world.
If you are interested in collaborating with SMERU, see Our Services.
Working for SMERU
SMERU advertises for both permanent and temporary positions on a periodical basis.
We currently do not have any vacancies available. Please subscribe to SMERU Updates to be notified when new positions become available.
Visiting Research Scholars
SMERU hosts a limited number of visiting domestic and international research scholars with the following qualifications:
- A Master’s or Ph.D. degree
- A minimum of three years' experience in research
- Demonstrated interest in economic and/or social issues
International scholars should be proficient in English, and proficiency in Indonesian is preferred.
If you are interested in visiting SMERU as a scholar, please send your CV, a list of sample publications, and a proposal to Rini Sianturi on email@example.com
We regret that at this time we are unable to provide scholarships or financial support for this position.
Internships with SMERU
SMERU hosts a limited number of domestic and international interns with the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s/Master’s/Ph.D. program or holding at least a Bachelor’s degree in economics, social science, anthropology, library and information science, information and communication technology, or other fields relevant to SMERU’s work
- Demonstrated interest in learning from SMERU’s research or its other activities
Interns must commit to a minimum of six weeks. International interns should be proficient in English and proficiency in Indonesian is preferred.
There are currently no internships available at SMERU.