Employment Opportunity - Program Administration Assistant
SMERU is presently seeking to strengthen its capacity by recruiting a suitably qualified applicant for the position of Program Administration Assistant
- A sound tertiary education, preferably within the communication, administration, secretarial or social sciences fields.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in both Indonesian and English. English proficiency must be near native speaker standard.
- Experience in the preparation and drafting of an organization’s internal and external reports.
- A sound level of computer literacy, including advance mastery of Microsoft Office Programs: Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Personal qualities:
- Capable of working independently but also able to report to and consult with the Institute’s senior staff when required;
- A good organizer with scrupulous attention to detail, capable of meeting tight deadlines and working under pressure when necessary;
- A good team player and able to work in an international environment; and
- Good interpersonal skills.
Expected responsibilities (among other tasks):
The assistant will report directly to the Institute’s Deputy Director of Administration and Finance but should consult and work closely with Senior Program Administration and the External Affairs/Donor Liaison officer, as well as the Director and Deputy Director of Research and Outreach to perform the following duties:
- Preparing and drafting all administrative reports (in English and Bahasa Indonesia) of the Institute’s activities according to an agreed timetable. This will involve collecting all relevant information and supporting data required from staff; collating all supporting data, documents, and records required for inclusion in these reports; ensuring the appropriateness, accuracy, and coherence of all content; preparing report formats in accordance with the specific requirements of each donor agency or the Institute’s standard format; and ensuring that these documents appear on time and are distributed to all relevant parties as required.
- Supporting the administration of the Institute’s programs. Together with the coordinator, the assistant will work on various program proposals, project documents, as well as reporting requested by donor agencies. The assistant should also be the focal person for arranging the Institute’s biannual Project Consultation Committee meetings, which involves inviting officers from donor agencies and relevant stakeholders, providing activity reports, preparing minutes of meeting, and conducting other related activities.
- Supporting the development of the Institute’s knowledge-based management system. This includes: revising, improving, and managing data and information regarding the Institute’s activities, projects, and contacts.
- Supporting the Institute’s promotional activities and assisting management in initiating and maintaining close regular relations with those officers who are directly responsible for the Institute as well as ensuring that they are kept informed of major research activities (planned, current, and completed); reporting to donors on all efforts being made to inform government officials and policymakers about important research findings; and ensuring that the relevant officers from donor agencies receive copies of all publications, including research reports, working papers, and newsletters, as well as invitations to all the Institute’s workshops and seminars.
- Supporting all of the Institute’s outreach activities and other tasks as required by the director, deputy director, and the coordinator.
We offer attractive remuneration and excellent working conditions.
Qualified and interested applicants should send an application package containing a cover letter addressing the qualifications stated above, a recent photograph, detailed CV, academic transcript(s) or list of grades, and the names and contact details of three people who can provide references, no later than 4 January 2016
Applications should be sent by email and have the intended position title in the subject of the email with the supporting documents merged in one PDF document as an attachment. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Outside the process outlined above, no communication by any means regarding this recruitment will be received.