In the context of providing support for the development of the Strategic Vision 2045 and the forthcoming National Medium-Term Development Plan (RPJMN) 2020-2024 – documents that will guide and shape the country’s development priorities and initiatives – IFAD is collaborating with BAPPENAS on the establishment of a Policy Dialogue Platform. The platform will commence its operations in Q4 2017 and support evidence-based policy development.
Tasks and scope of work
SMERU, under the overall guidance and supervision of the Directorate for for Food and Agriculture, BAPPENAS, and in coordination with the IFAD Country Director, will conduct the following tasks:
- undertake an assessment to clearly define the information and data needs of BAPPENAS to develop the Strategic Vision and the next RPJMN;
- review existing resources (studies, data) from government agencies and development partners and lead preliminary conversations to sound out potential support modalities for the platform;
- prepare TORs for studies and modelling required for the platform, that might include:
a) partner mapping, and tentatively assigning studies to partners based on their expertise, available resources and experience;proposed structure and working modality of the secretariat members; and
b) support a first donor coordination event, which will present the findings of the needs-assessment and agree on future roles and responsibilities of partners.
The assessment will be limited to food and agriculture sector.
The assessment will be conducted through a desk-research, interviews, and focus group discussions (FGDs):
- The research team will review relevant government documents, as well as academic publication and grey literature, such as reports from government agencies and development partners.
- Interviews will be conducted with approximately 20 key informants (agencies), which will include relevant experts, government agencies, and national and international development partners.