SMERU, under the overall guidance and supervision of the Directorate for for Food and Agriculture, BAPPENAS, and in coordination with the IFAD Country Director, will conduct the following tasks:
- undertake an assessment to clearly define the information and data needs of BAPPENAS to develop the Strategic Vision and the next RPJMN;
- review existing resources (studies, data) from government agencies and development partners and lead preliminary conversations to sound out potential support modalities for the platform;
- prepare TORs for studies and modelling required for the platform, that might include:
- partner mapping, and tentatively assigning studies to partners based on their expertise, available resources and experience;proposed structure and working modality of the secretariat members; and
- support a first donor coordination event, which will present the findings of the needs-assessment and agree on future roles and responsibilities of partners.
The assessment will be limited to food and agriculture sector.
The assessment will be conducted through a desk-research, interviews, and focus group discussions (FGDs):
- The research team will review relevant government documents, as well as academic publication and grey literature, such as reports from government agencies and development partners.
- Interviews will be conducted with approximately 20 key informants (agencies), which will include relevant experts, government agencies, and national and international development partners.